Direct drop deliveries are available to our farm and commercial customers who require large quantities of fuel for their operation. These direct drops can be booked directly from the CO-OP® Refinery Complex or from one of our many Saskatoon Co-op fuel terminals, and is a safe and effective method for receiving large deliveries of bulk fuel.
If your operation is interested in direct delivery of fuel, there are a few considerations to keep in mind first.
Minimum Drop Requirements
Consult with our Saskatoon Co-op Bulk Fuel Team on minimum tank size and minimum drop requirements. Call 306-933-3833 to speak to our team today.
- Tanks should be equipped with 2-inch or 3-inch camlock couplers (3-inch couplers preferred).
- Venting lines must be at least 2 inches to handle off-loading at 840 L/min.
- All tanks must be levelled and properly grounded.
- Must have one ball valve before a one-way check valve on the offloading side and ideally another at the fill port connection.
- Must be bottom loading; drivers cannot be on top of tanks for any reason.
- Yard must be all-weather accessible and have sufficient room for the delivery unit to get in and out without having to back up.
- Fuel tanks should be easy to access. Delivery units only have 20 feet of hose, so anything further away from road access may not be able to get filled.
- Must have RM/County approval for the size and gross vehicle weight of the delivery unit.
Direct drop access and product availability varies by local Co-op. Speak with our Bulk Fuel Team member for details: 306-933-3833.