Saskatoon Co-op invites applications for the position of Part Time; Temporary may lead to Permanent Deli Clerk at the Food Store located in Warman, SK. Internal Posting Reference #: 148
Reporting to the Deli Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. To provide information, assistance and courteous service to customers in a manner in which promotes the sale of merchandise.
2. To maintain and display all types of meat products according to procedure.
3. To place orders for replenishment of inventory as required and to keep proper mark-down reports.
4. To advise the Department Manager of special or out-of-stock merchandise.
5. To follow Policy and Procedure of morning set up and evening closing.
6. To adjust minor complaints in keeping with general sales policy and to refer more serious complaints to the Department Manager.
7. To prepare, wrap, price, stock, and price check merchandise as assigned.
8. To unpack and check merchandise as assigned. Check code dates.
9. To observe safety measures and report hazardous conditions immediately to the Department Manager.
10. To assist in stock taking as required.
11. To perform general housekeeping and sanitation duties as per association standards.
12. To operate equipment necessary to prepare merchandise for sale.
13. To provide proper maintenance of equipment, monitor case temperature, clean equipment regularly and notify supervisor in reference to repairs.
14. Other duties as assigned.
• This is a physically demanding job and will involve frequent lifting up to 30 pounds.
• Must have capability to operate the required equipment for the preparation, merchandising and sale of Deli products.
• Must be strongly service oriented and motivated, and capable of assisting customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Must be able to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
*a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with Saskatoon Co-op policies.
Saskatoon Co-op offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of Saskatchewan’s most successful brands.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence on or before August 5, 2020.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position applied for in “Subject” line.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist,
The Saskatoon Co-operative Association Limited
201-503 Wellman Crescent
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7T 0J1
We thank all the candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
Saskatoon Co-op is here to serve our members with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business; being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in the local economy. Saskatoon Co-op has over 1300 employees serving over 118,000 members in Saskatoon and surrounding communities through the provision of goods and services in the areas of grocery, liquor, pharmacy, petroleum and lubricants, home and building solutions, and agricultural supplies including fertilizer.