Saskatoon Co-op invites applications for the position of part time Pharmacy Assistant in the Pharmacy department at the Attridge Food Store located in Saskatoon, SK.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. To assist in filling prescriptions, under a pharmacists’ supervision.
2. To be aware of and abide by government regulations and Saskatoon Co-op's policies in regard to control, safekeeping, and sale of drugs, including return and/or disposal of outdated dispensary stock, under a pharmacists’ supervision.
3. To be responsible for general housekeeping duties, and the general appearance of the entire department when not occupied with prescription-related activities.
4. To be familiar with all merchandise carried in the department, with merchandise normally carried in pharmacies, as well as to be aware of new products pertaining to the pharmaceutical and retail pharmacy industry.
5. To assist with checking and adjusting customer complaints within the established policies of the Saskatoon Co-op, deferring to immediate supervisor as required.
6. To assist with the movement of inventory (receiving and selling), including the ordering of prescription (dispensary) pharmaceutical products, and "over-the counter" merchandise, under a pharmacists’ supervision.
7. To be aware of and informed about Saskatoon Co-op contracts, policies, procedures, and practices.
8. To assist, if required, his/her immediate superior in preparing reports, compiling statistics, processing invoices.
9. To place claims against suppliers and carriers of Saskatoon Co-op merchandise when required.
10. To be familiar with and assist with current merchandising and signing policies, procedures, and practices.
11. To provide prompt, courteous, friendly, and caring service to customers in order to promote good member/customer relations, and a sale of department merchandise.
12. To provide information, assistance and service to customers in a manner which will promote the sale of merchandise and meet the needs, requirements and expectations of the consumer.
13. When appropriate, to promote the sale of Co-op label merchandise.
14. When required, to assist in the safekeeping of all cash handled in the department.
15. To maintain a constant alert against unauthorized removal of merchandise.
16. To perform other duties as assigned.
• Must either be a pharmacy intern registered with the provincial college, or possess a current Pharmacy Assistant Certificate, or possess equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Must be strongly service-oriented and motivated, and be capable of serving, and assisting customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience.
• Applicant must be able to work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
*a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
Saskatoon Co-op offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of Saskatchewan’s most successful brands.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence to email@example.com on or before March 6, 2020.
Please indicate position applied for in “Subject” line.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist,
The Saskatoon Co-operative Association Limited
201-503 Wellman Crescent
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7T 0J1
Saskatoon Co-op is here to serve our members with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business; being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in the local economy. Saskatoon Co-op has over 1300 employees serving over 118,000 members in Saskatoon and surrounding communities through the provision of goods and services in the areas of grocery, liquor, pharmacy, petroleum and lubricants, home and building solutions, and agricultural supplies including fertilizer.