Saskatoon Co-op invites applications for the position of Full Time Meat Cutter at the Food Store in Watrous, SK. Internal Posting Reference #: 8
Reporting to the Meat Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. To cut, prepare and display all types of meat according to Department Operational Policies, Standards and Guidelines.
2. To provide customer service and satisfaction to the Association standards. Maintain customer relations and communications.
3. To present a neat, clean, fresh, well-merchandised department and related work areas (cutting room, coolers, freezers, receiving area, dock, wash up area, etc.)
4. To be familiar with all lines of merchandise handled. To prepare all meat requested by wrapper and scalers. Receive and store all meat as required.
5. To ensure adequate variety and stocks of all meat related products are displayed at all times.
6. To maintain open lines of communication with all staff members.
7. To accept all assigned Department Manager's responsibilities in his/her absence.
8. To observe all safety measures in the department and security policies as outlined by the Association.
9. To assist in the proper care and maintenance of all equipment pertaining to the department.
10. To perform proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures as outlined in the department.
11. To assist in stock taking as required.
12. To perform other duties and assume additional responsibility as required by the Association.
• Retail meat cutting certificate from a recognized institution or the equivalent knowledge and experience in retail meat cutting.
• Minimum one year meat cutting experience.
• Must be strongly service oriented and motivated, and capable of assisting customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Must be well organized and capable of attaining a high level of production with minimal supervision
• Applicant must be able to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
*a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with Saskatoon Co-op policies.
Saskatoon Co-op offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of Saskatchewan’s most successful brands.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence on or before July 3, 2020.
Submit your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate position applied for in “Subject” line.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist,
The Saskatoon Co-operative Association Limited
201-503 Wellman Crescent
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7T 0J1
We thank all the candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
Saskatoon Co-op is here to serve our members with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business; being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in the local economy. Saskatoon Co-op has over 1300 employees serving over 118,000 members in Saskatoon and surrounding communities through the provision of goods and services in the areas of grocery, liquor, pharmacy, petroleum and lubricants, home and building solutions, and agricultural supplies including fertilizer.