Saskatoon Co-op invites applications for the position of Gas Bar Co-ordinator in our Administrative Building located in Saskatoon, SK.
Reporting to the Petroleum Division Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
1) Operations Management:
• Assist the Petroleum Division Manager in ensuring the Consumer Fuels Division carries out its operational goals. This includes, but is not limited to:
-Education, implementation and monitoring of image, merchandising and service standards, including carrying out image and service checks as required.
-Collaborate with the Asset Protection Manager in the implementation and monitoring of loss prevention and asset management strategies.
-Identifying, assessing and informing the Petroleum Division Manager of internal and external issues that affect the Consumer Fuels Division and/or the organization.
-Ensuring standards are being achieved in the maintenance and operation of the Saskatoon Co-op carwashes and cardlocks.
-Reviewing maintenance logs and maintenance compliance at all Gas Bar/-Store locations including car washes and cardlocks.
-Provide guidance and assist Gas Bar Managers/Assistant Managers in Gas Bar/C-Store location set up responsibilities.
-Education, implementation and monitoring of Customer Experience program within the Division
-Ensuring continued adherence to the Co-op Brand of all Gas Bar/C-Store locations and employees
-Responsible for reconciliation guidance and variance reporting of all types\
2) Environmental Compliance
• Assist the Petroleum Division Manager in ensuring the Consumer Fuels Division carries out environmental items specific to the Gas Bar side of the business. This includes, but is not limited to:
-Educating the Managers/Assistant Managers within the Consumer Fuels division on environmental policies and monitoring the continued compliance of said policies.
-Carrying out on-site environmental compliance checks.
-Ensuring all Gas Bar/C-Store locations are up to date on all environmental records and policies
3) Human Resources Management
• Assist the Petroleum Division Manager in implementing and maintaining Human Resources functions within the Consumer Fuels division. This includes, but is not limited to:
-Participating in Employee Engagement, including assisting in the Division’s participation in Employee Engagement surveys, and implementing strategies designed to increase engagement in the workplace.
-Ensure employee training programs are being followed at all Gas Bar/C-Store locations, including e-learning.
-Assist Gas Bar Managers/Assistant Managers in their learning and administration of the Collective Agreement as it relates to the day to day operations of the business.
-Ensuring all Gas Bar/C-Store locations are adhering to health and safety policies
-Participating in the Talent Development process, including assisting Managers in their career and personal development, offering training opportunities and offering assistance in the creation of Individual Development Plans.
• Assist locations and departments in achieving budgeted objectives through monitoring and controlling operational costs, and maximizing operational efficiency. This includes, but is not limited to:
-Responsible for maximizing margin under the centralized pricing program, which will include determining/monitoring competitive prices for C-store and ensuring market gains are taken where possible.
-Creating strategies to improve operational efficiency within the Division
-Ensure Gas Bar/C-Store locations are meeting budgeted targets
-Ensure Gas Bar Managers are adhering to financial reporting guidelines
-Compiling/analyzing sales information and trends within the marketplace, including competitor analysis
Providing assistance with preparation of the annual budgets for each Gas Bar/C-Store location.\
5) Other Duties as Assigned.
• Must possess, at a minimum, a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent. A University Degree or Post-secondary education would be considered an asset.
• 8-12 Years’ Experience in the Petroleum industry and/or retail environment
• Proven ability to control operational costs, maximize operational efficiency, and improve sales and growth margin.
*a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance with Saskatoon Co-op policies.
*A COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MAY BE CONSIDERED.
Saskatoon Co-op offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of Saskatchewan’s most successful brands.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence on or before September 22, 2019.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position applied for in “Subject” line.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist,
The Saskatoon Co-operative Association Limited
201-503 Wellman Crescent
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7T 0J1
Saskatoon Co-op is here to serve our members with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business; being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in the local economy. Saskatoon Co-op has over 1,300 employees serving over 118,000 members in Saskatoon and surrounding communities through the provision of goods and services in the areas of grocery, liquor, pharmacy, petroleum and lubricants, home and building solutions, and agricultural supplies including fertilizer