Colonsay Store Manager
Saskatoon Co-op - Colonsay location
- To adhere to merchandising standards, marketing efforts, and signage.
- To provide the customer with efficient, courteous service and to adhere to the Hassle-Free Guarantee policy.
- Responsible for the security of cash, property, equipment at the store and to be alert for the unauthorized removal of merchandise from the store.
- Manage inventories in accordance with budget and policies.
- Appearance of departmental facilities, equipment, and adherence to image checklist.
- To be responsible for the preparation of, and achieving of, department budgets.
- To be responsible for report preparation, claims, invoices, and other paper work.
- To review period operating statements and to take corrective action with the objective being achievement of or exceeding budget goals.
- To be responsible for staff recruitment through the approved process.
- To be responsible for the development of written performance expectations including operating standards.
- Responsible for accuracy of shelf label information, prices, PLU codes, etc.
- To supervise the promotional activities at store level, including the building of displays; arrangements for in-store demonstrations, use of POP materials.
- Responsible for scheduling all employees.
- To be responsible for the appraising of employees as association policies indicate.
- To be responsible for the development and following of a departmental training plan.
- To be responsible for communicating effectively with staff, the administration of personnel policies, the Collective Agreement, the revisions of all ROM/Program guides and the overall relationship with employees.
- To be responsible for the daily supervision of the department's human resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years proven management experience, Gas Bar or Food Store preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability in the areas of customer service, image, and loss prevention.
- Must be skilled in directing, coaching, and training of staff.
- Must possess a positive attitude, have excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized and demonstrated initiative.
- Applicants must be available to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends. They must also be available for calls after hours and emergencies.
January 1, 2019