- To come to work with a positive, professional approach and attitude.
- To be dependable for all scheduled shifts.
- To provide information, assistance and service to customers in a manner which will promote the sale of merchandise and meet the needs, requirements and expectations of the consumer.
- To maintain a neat, clean, and orderly department at all times.To order merchandise as directed by the manager as per Saskatoon Co-op policies and procedures.
- To receive merchandise as directed by the manager as per Saskatoon Co-op policies and procedures.
- To display merchandise as directed by the manager as per Saskatoon Co-op policies and procedures.
- To operate the cash register and prepare daily cash reconciliations when required.
- To perform opening and closing procedures.
- To be responsible in the area of loss prevention.
- To review and act on various P.O.S. reports as they pertain to the section and as directed by the manager.
- To be familiar with and adhere to Saskatoon Co-op policies and procedures, in particular adhering to the Selling Age Restricted Items policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years of age.
- Applicants must be strongly service-oriented and motivated, and capable of serving and assisting customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Applicants must be prepared to increase product knowledge and improve selling techniques through special courses, product clinics and training sessions.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to fulfill physical job requirements including: lifting and carrying of 50-75 lbs of force occasionally, 10-20 lbs of force constantly, and the ability to climb ladders.
- Experience in the liquor industry will be considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to those who possess enhanced knowledge of wine, spirits and beer. A knowledge test will be applied to determine eligibility.
January 31, 2019